POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Will the POV-Team support the logo competition? (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Rune
Subject: Will the POV-Team support the logo competition?
Date: 26 Apr 2000 13:17:27
Message: <390724a7@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Before I go on any further with the POV-Ray Logo Contest I would like to
know the opinion of the POV-Team regarding this. I though maybe one from the
TAG-Team could inform them and ask them?

What I would like to know is this:

Do the POV-Team support the idea of POV-Ray having an official logo?

If they do, is there any chance they will support the POV-Ray Logo Contest,
where the logos are made by the users and chosen by the users through
voting?

I don't expect the POV-Team to decide at this early stage where the rules
haven't been made yet, and no logos have been submitted yet, but I just want
to know if there's a chance they will support it at a later stage, because
if there isn't, there's no reason to proceed with this contest arrangement.

I would also like to know any reservations the POV-Team might have.

Thanks in advance,

Rune

---
Updated March 15: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

> Before I go on any further with the POV-Ray Logo Contest I would like to
> know the opinion of the POV-Team regarding this. I though maybe one from the
> TAG-Team could inform them and ask them?

It would help if you could put the original entries back up on your
web site to give the team an example of what kind of logos you are
talking about. I went to the logo voting page and was going to use
that as a reference and noticed that you have taken the page down.

> It would help if you could put the original
> entries back up on your web site to give the
> team an example of what kind of logos you are
> talking about. I went to the logo voting page
> and was going to use that as a reference and
> noticed that you have taken the page down.

I have not taken any page down.
Which page were you trying to access?
As far as I know, both the old URL
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povlogos/
should work as well as the new URL
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/logo/logo.html .

The old page is just the page with the logos; the new page contains the
logos too as well as additional information. Note though, that both logos
and rules are those of the old competition. I expect both new rules and new
logos to be made for the new contest.

Thank you for your effort Ken! :-)

Rune

---