POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Ammar
Subject: Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray
Date: 26 Apr 2000 07:29:29
Message: <3906d319@news.povray.org>
Hello All

Is there anyone out there who could provide me with some sort of code for
implementing Rayleigh scattering equation.

I a currently trying to implement a model for the atmosphere, but I need the
right from of scattering equation for this to work.

Thanks.

Ammar

Post a reply to this message

> Is there anyone out there who could provide me with some sort of code for
> implementing Rayleigh scattering equation.
>
> I a currently trying to implement a model for the atmosphere, but I
> need the right from of scattering equation for this to work.

There is already Rayleigh scattering...scattering media type 3. Are you
trying to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering?

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:31:32 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>There is already Rayleigh scattering...scattering media type 3. Are you
>trying to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering?

Because if you are, too bad, as you currently can't. IIRC a patch is
being to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering but I
don't know what its progress is.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:31:32 -0500, Chris Huff
> <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
> >There is already Rayleigh scattering...scattering media type 3. Are you
> >trying to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering?
>
> Because if you are, too bad, as you currently can't. IIRC a patch is
> being to implement wavelength dependant Rayleigh scattering but I
> don't know what its progress is.

I had the impression Ammar was trying to write a patch which adds
Rayleigh scattering, which is evidently not the case. Also, Rayleigh
scattering is media type 4, not 3 as the documentation states.