POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : modeller vs. hand coding... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  modeller vs. hand coding... (Message 4 to 13 of 33)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: modeller vs. hand coding...
Date: 25 Apr 2000 04:55:23
Message: <39055D23.C2F2EFD5@pacbell.net>

http://www.tk.xaxon.ne.jp/~tsuru/tool/tool_e.html

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6532/bmaster.htm

http://www.uni-jena.de/~p6sepa/software.htm

From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 25 Apr 2000 05:45:14
Message: <3905692a@news.povray.org>
he looks like a stack or tori to me... (or do i have the wrong dough boy?)

Rick

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Gordon
Date: 25 Apr 2000 08:13:12
Message: <39058C8F.C8BE031D@mailbag.com>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> he looks like a stack or tori to me... (or do i have the wrong dough boy?)

You may be thinking of the Michelin Man.

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon de Vet
Date: 25 Apr 2000 08:24:44
Message: <39058E9B.EF4AD703@istar.ca>
Mike Weber wrote:

> A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
> construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
> straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a base:
> the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray (or
> other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm curious
> to see if anyone is up to the challenge....

Does Rhino count as a modeller, since it exports triangle meshes instead of
Moray's primitives?

Simon

Post a reply to this message

> A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
> construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
> straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a base:
> the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray (or
> other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm curious
> to see if anyone is up to the challenge....

What is Pillsbury Doughboy? Where can I see it?

Post a reply to this message

The pop'n'fresh URL for the Pillsbury Doughboy is - http://pillsbury.com/

> > A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
> > construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
> > straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a
base:
> > the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray
(or
> > other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm
curious
> > to see if anyone is up to the challenge....
>
>  After studying some images of the Pillsbury Doughboy on the web it
> appears to me that the only logical approach to modelling him would
> be through the use of blobs. Since I am neither profecient with
> modelling blobs with a modeller or by hand it would not be what I
> would consider a fair challenge.
>
> Count me out.

Ok - I'll agree to that.  Moray doesn't have a blob primitive to model
with - but someone did list a few links to blob modellers...  I'll try to
think of another 'target' subject.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Weber
Date: 25 Apr 2000 10:37:38
Message: <3905adb2@news.povray.org>
Unfortunately they are DOS products...
The product from Japan is Windows, but very limited in use...

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com
hm: mwe### [at] sciticom  www.geocities.com/mikepweber

From: Warp
Date: 25 Apr 2000 10:48:40
Message: <3905b048@news.povray.org>
Mike Weber <mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote:
: Unfortunately they are DOS products...

  And what's the unfortunate thing about this?

From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 25 Apr 2000 11:00:59
Message: <3905B272.99A938FE@skynet.be>
Warp wrote:

> Mike Weber <mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote:
> : Unfortunately they are DOS products...
>
>   And what's the unfortunate thing about this?

He's afraid of the black background :-))

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>