POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The License Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  The License (Message 1 to 10 of 40)
From: Rene Horn
Subject: The License
Date: 22 Apr 2000 02:16:22
Message: <3900FE63.71F3322@crosswinds.net>
I'm wondering why the POV license doesn't conform to the Debian Free
Software Guidelines (http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines)
or Open Source Definition (it's basically the same thing).  Why do they
not modify the license to make it conform and so then people would know
that is for sure free  (I think that $0.08 thing is pretty stupid, but I
know there is more than just that that does not conform.

ndogg
haw### [at] crosswindsnet
http://ndogg.n3.net

Post a reply to this message

"Rene Horn" <haw### [at] crosswindsnet> wrote in message
news:390### [at] crosswindsnet...
> I'm wondering why the POV license doesn't conform to the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines

    Because it is their work and they don't want to...?

Post a reply to this message

> "Rene Horn" <haw### [at] crosswindsnet> wrote in message
> news:390### [at] crosswindsnet...
> > I'm wondering why the POV license doesn't conform to the Debian Free
> > Software Guidelines
>
>     Because it is their work and they don't want to...?

That pretty much sums it up.