POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : importing DXF Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  importing DXF (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Franks
Subject: importing DXF
Date: 19 Apr 2000 19:56:27
Message: <38fe47ab$1@news.povray.org>
Is there any way that I can import a DXF-format file in MeagPOV??

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: importing DXF
Date: 19 Apr 2000 20:02:15
Message: <38FE48BC.37A4CCD5@pacbell.net>
Franks wrote:

> Is there any way that I can import a DXF-format file in MeagPOV??

There are a number of utilities that will convert from .dxf into POv-Ray
triangles. Both utilities below will convert multiple 3D file format into
a format that POV-Ray can handle.

The most popular for the windows platform is 3Dwin at:
http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/

Crossroads is another capable program at:
http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/