POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here ! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:00:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here ! (Message 70 to 79 of 79)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Suggestion (Was: POV-Ray Logo Competition - Vote Here !)
Date: 21 Apr 2000 12:14:16
Message: <39007e58@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   Here in Finland when voting for a president,
> the winner has to get more than 50% of the votes
> in order to win. If he/she doesn't get it in the
> first round, then a second voting is made with
> the two candidates who received most votes in
> the first round. Now in the second round one of
> the candidates surely receives more than 50% of
> the votes.

This is exactly the rules that I use in this competition! :-)

Except, people can do it all beforehand.
By specifying their different priorities at once, they say:
"My favorite president/logo is X, but in case he/it can't win, then I vote
for Y"

The rules you describe is really exactly the ones I use, but I guess I just
haven't been good at explaining them.

>   At least it sounds fair that more than a half
> of the voters agree about who is the president.

The same applies here. With the votes given so far, almost 100% agree with
the winner logo. Of course that may be because there's no option of voting
for none of the logos.

>   The idea is that those who didn't vote for
> either one of the two final candidates in the
> first round will decide who of them is their
> choice in the second round

Exactly!!! :-)
That's the whole idea of specifying several priorities!

>   I was just thinking about something like
> this system. Those who didn't give highest
> score to the two/three logos which get
> highest overall score can then decide which
> one of them they like the most. This gives
> them a second opportunity to decide, to give
> their vote. This way we get the maximum
> amount of people agreeing about the winner.

I already use that system :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated March 15: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,