POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Fields, Image Maps, and the Once keyword Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Height Fields, Image Maps, and the Once keyword (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Josh English
Subject: Height Fields, Image Maps, and the Once keyword
Date: 5 Apr 2000 13:34:39
Message: <38EB793E.247CEE6@spiritone.com>
Maybe others have run into this before, but I've noticed that the two
bits of code do not render the same way:

height_field { tga "land_height.tga"
               pigment { image_map { tga "land_color.tga"
                                     map_type 0 interpolate 2 }
                         rotate -90*x }
               }
 compared to

height_field { tga "land_height.tga"
               pigment { image_map { tga "land_color.tga"
                                     map_type 0 interpolate 2 once}
                         rotate -90*x }
               }

The second one is the default added by POV-Ray through the insert menu.
When I render the second bit of code the shadow looks normal, but the
height field has great patches of transparency. There is no alpha
channel on either .tga file.

I've checked this on Mac and Windows, the standard POV-Ray and MegaPov
on both platforms.

Is this a known issue or should I submit a bug report on this one?
--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message