POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why Isn't news.povray.org on deja.com Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Why Isn't news.povray.org on deja.com (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Soupystan
Subject: Why Isn't news.povray.org on deja.com
Date: 1 Apr 2000 11:43:47
Message: <38e62743@news.povray.org>
I asked deja.com why they don't carry news.povray.org since I can't access
newsgroups through the usual news reader at work.  Deja.com lets me read
other newsgroups through the usual web page system.

Deja.com answered:

"We will carry a group once it appears on the ISC active file
 www.ISC.org).
Groups appearing here have followed the proper protocol and are propagated
to the Usenet at large, not just some servers."

I was wondering if anyone knew whether povray.org could or would be willing
to apply to this non-profit
group so deja could carry this newsgroup - it would help expand the number
of readers too.

Post a reply to this message

> I asked deja.com why they don't carry news.povray.org since I can't
> access newsgroups through the usual news reader at work.  Deja.com
> lets me read other newsgroups through the usual web page system.
>
> Deja.com answered:
>
> "We will carry a group once it appears on the ISC active file
>  www.ISC.org).
> Groups appearing here have followed the proper protocol and are propagated
> to the Usenet at large, not just some servers."
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew whether povray.org could or would be
> willing to apply to this non-profit group so deja could carry this
> newsgroup - it would help expand the number of readers too.

They are not willing.

--
ICQ: 46085459

Post a reply to this message