POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slope-dependent textures? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Slope-dependent textures? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Slope-dependent textures?
Date: 5 Mar 2000 08:02:10
Message: <38c25ad2@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to create slope-dependent textures in POV (with "slope" I
mean the angle between the surface normal and the Y axis)?

For example, I would like to create a mountain texture where the rock is
visible in the steep parts and the not-so-steep parts are covered by snow.
Would this be possible?

--ll

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to create slope-dependent textures in POV (with "slope" I
> mean the angle between the surface normal and the Y axis)?
>
> For example, I would like to create a mountain texture where the rock is
> visible in the steep parts and the not-so-steep parts are covered by snow.
> Would this be possible?
>
> --ll

It is currently only possible using a patched version of the program such
as MegaPov which has a patch for slope dependent textures.

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm