POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sugestion: server possibilities Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Sugestion: server possibilities (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Remco Poelstra
Subject: Sugestion: server possibilities
Date: 27 Feb 2000 16:06:52
Message: <38B9E709.D389A8B8@home.nl>
Hi,

Isn't it possible to create a povray version which can behave like a
server, to divide a render task over many computers on a network?
The real render is then being done by povray clients on the seperate
computers.

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message

I guess that's been done, one of which is:
http://www.imp.org/members/tech/rcast/rcast.html

Bob

"Remco Poelstra" <rjp### [at] homenl> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| Isn't it possible to create a povray version which can behave like a
| server, to divide a render task over many computers on a network?
| The real render is then being done by povray clients on the seperate
| computers.
|
| Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message

> Isn't it possible to create a povray version which can behave like a
> server, to divide a render task over many computers on a network?
> The real render is then being done by povray clients on the seperate
> computers.
>
> Remco Poelstra

See the following patches of POV-Ray that offer this capability -

http://www.cris.com/~rjbono/html/pondermatic.html
http://www.imp.org/members/tech/rcast/rcast.html
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch/
http://www.luga.de/~flierl/pvmpov/