POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANN: Release of Gordian knots Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: Release of Gordian knots (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: ANN: Release of Gordian knots
Date: 12 Apr 2000 09:11:26
Message: <slrn8f8trl.iji.ron.parker@linux.parkerr.fwi.com>
On 12 Apr 2000 02:21:01 -0400, Warp wrote:
>  gcc is a compiler compiler for almost all UNIX operating systems.
                                             ^^^^
>  It is NOT a compiler exclusive to Linux.

You're falling into the same trap, you know.

gcc is a compiler for almost all operating systems, not just the unix
and unix-like ones.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Gordon
Date: 12 Apr 2000 23:17:21
Message: <38F53CBC.CF37F171@mailbag.com>
Warp wrote:

>   Please, don't use the word "Linux" where you should use the word "Unix".
> Thank you.

If anything, I'm guilty of the opposite.  I don't actually use a
formally branded Unix at home (work is a different story).  One of these
days I'll get around to picking up a current version of FreeBSD.

-Mark Gordon