POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Here's an idea... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Here's an idea... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Here's an idea...
Date: 9 Mar 2000 23:33:27
Message: <38C87A54.D0B38F44@faricy.net>
How 'bout, when POV parses a scene, it only loads macros and definitions
into memory if they're used. Because a lot of people make
general-purpose includes and don't use half of it for a particular
scene. This probably isn't worth it for smaller scenes, so maybe a
switch to turn it on, and normally it loads 'em all.
Then there's the whole wacky idea of a POV-script compiler, but I
realize that's probably much too much to ask :-)

--
 | \     |_          <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine        http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." -Dali

Post a reply to this message