POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Declaring blob components ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Declaring blob components ? (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: Declaring blob components ?
Date: 29 Feb 2000 00:50:47
Message: <38bb5e37@news.povray.org>
David Wilkinson wrote in message ...
>Blobs can be as complicated as you can devise them.  You only have to see
H.E.Day's images
>to see the power of blobs.  Run the code I gave in my answer to Moon74 to
see just one
>blob.
>
>In one blob you can keep on adding spheres and cylinders with positive and
negative
>strengths to add or subtract from the final shape.  These spheres and
cylinders can also
>be distorted by uneven scaling. The individual components in a blob can be
given different
>textures and this can all add up to a fiendishly complicated object.

One limit:  A single blob cannot have more than one million components.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Date: 29 Feb 2000 04:57:01
Message: <38bb97ed@news.povray.org>
<tom### [at] tomandluforce9couk> wrote:

> >I'm having the same problem as Moon47.
> >
> >Do I take it from the various answers given that it is not possible to
> >declare a whole blob component?
> >
> What do you mean by "whole blob component"?

I mean that you cannot declare a blob component in the way that you can
declare a sphere or box. Instead you have to declare the individual vectors
and so on that make up a component.

Post a reply to this message