POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Filename extensions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Filename extensions (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Filename extensions
Date: 25 Feb 2000 18:21:18
Message: <38B710BD.C4D5FACC@erols.com>
NIST is starting to get a registry of filenaming conventions (and other such
stuff).  The point is to keep developers from stepping on each other's file
name extensions when developing data file formats.

http://pitch.nist.gov/nics/

As of this moment nobody has registered the filename extensions of interest
to POV users, such as:

.POV
.INC
.MSH
.PCM

and so forth.  I would have registered them, but I think it's something
better left to one or more of the POV team members.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

> NIST is starting to get a registry of filenaming conventions (and other such
> stuff).  The point is to keep developers from stepping on each other's file
> name extensions when developing data file formats.
>
> http://pitch.nist.gov/nics/
>
> As of this moment nobody has registered the filename extensions of interest
> to POV users, such as:
>
> .POV
> .INC
> .MSH
> .PCM
>
> and so forth.  I would have registered them, but I think it's something
> better left to one or more of the POV team members.

I'll let them know the possibility exists. What it the .MSH extention for ?