POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Shapes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  3D Shapes (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andrea Ryan
Subject: 3D Shapes
Date: 11 Feb 2000 16:32:06
Message: <38A47C82.B8305CD1@global2000.net>
Is there any collection of 3d shapes other than those in the include
files that come with POV-Ray?  I will make crystals of minerals for my
museum.
Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: 3D Shapes
Date: 11 Feb 2000 16:37:08
Message: <38a48104@news.povray.org>
Do you mean multi-sided solids? I think there is a Crystal making utility
somewhere in the Povray.org site.

"Andrea Ryan" <ary### [at] global2000net> wrote in message
> Is there any collection of 3d shapes other than those in the include
> files that come with POV-Ray?  I will make crystals of minerals for my
> museum.
> Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

Try John VanSickle's rock.inc, it may be what you want. Not regular shapes, but
anything
from spiky to round.

This url may still be ok but is around 1 year old.
http://users.erols.com/vansickl/

Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/

Andrea Ryan <ary### [at] global2000net> wrote in message
> Is there any collection of 3d shapes other than those in the include
> files that come with POV-Ray?  I will make crystals of minerals for my
> museum.
> Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any collection of 3d shapes other than those in the include
> files that come with POV-Ray?  I will make crystals of minerals for my
> museum.
> Brendan Ryan

Try Rock Gen. It makes some very exotic looking crystal shaped objects.
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon/pub/PovPage/RockGen/RockGen.html

The Polyhedral.inc file is also another possibility -
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Teahouse/8148/