POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Posted file sizes in binaries.images Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posted file sizes in binaries.images (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Spider
Subject: Re: Posted file sizes in binaries.images
Date: 11 Jan 2000 08:22:26
Message: <387A81BF.EF2F0285@bahnhof.se>
A good point indeed.
I myself is on a PBM 33.6 connection, and I've limited my download
settings a bit. I simply do not download any post larger than 250k .
This limit is rather reasonable for me, since the UUencode, or MIME or
any other bin->ascii encoding enlarge imagesize with 33%.

x * 1.33 = 250 000 => ~180-190 k unless I am totally off ..

I for one look forward to JPEG2000 in the groups.. the wavelet
compression looked wonderful in the java demos ... *longing sigh*

--
//Spider    --  [ spider@bahnhof.se ]-[ http://darkmere.wanfear.com/ ]
And the devil in black dress watches over

Post a reply to this message

>I for one look forward to JPEG2000 in the groups.. the wavelet
>compression looked wonderful in the java demos ... *longing sigh*

Hey Spider,

Maybe you could explain this further. Sounds intriguing.

Whatever,
a cyberfriend,

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom