POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height fields Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Height fields (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Andrea Ryan
Subject: Height fields
Date: 19 Jan 2000 20:33:25
Message: <38866311.10D78D0B@global2000.net>
Is there any way of finding the height of a height field at a given
point?
Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Height fields
Date: 19 Jan 2000 20:57:54
Message: <chrishuff_99-F65263.20582319012000@news.povray.org>
In article <38866311.10D78D0B@global2000.net>, Andrea Ryan
<ary### [at] global2000net> wrote:

> Is there any way of finding the height of a height field at a given
> point?

Not without a patched version. The usual method is to use MegaPOV and
the trace() function, I think this is explained well in the
documentation for this patch.
MegaPOV is available at http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

--
Chris Huff