POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Favourite texture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Favourite texture (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Scott Hill
Subject: Re: Favourite texture
Date: 7 Jun 2000 22:26:53
Message: <393f046d@news.povray.org>
"Spider" <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote in message
> Hello all folks.
> I'd like you all
> to post _your_ "favourite" texture in a simple image in p-b-i. I know,
> there isn't really a possibility to have one(or is there?)...

    My favourite is usually the one I'm working on. I suppose if I had to
pick an absolute favourite it would have to be the slab texture I made when
playing around with texture_maps - I had a idea of what I wanted, I had an
idea of how to do it, and, though it's not perfect, it all pulled together
and worked. I guess it's a much the 'way cool, I can do all sorts of things
with this technique' feeling it gave me as anything about the texture that
makes it my favourite. Anyhow, I've gone onto develop the technique further,
with some good results and some bad and I'll probably return to the slabs
and redo the texture, but for now, take a look in p.b.i for the post titled
"my favourite slab texture".
--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.