POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : newly installed on linux box ... few questions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  newly installed on linux box ... few questions (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: [OT] screen utility (was :Re: newly installed on linux box ... few questions)
Date: 9 Jan 2000 11:16:00
Message: <3878B389.46ACCB3A@attglobal.net>
Unless I'm very mistaken it came with RH5.2.  It's probably not part of
the basic install, but I'm 99.44% sure it's available as an RPM.

On Linux, you can always go to a different virtual console by typing
ALT-Fx (between 1 and 8, 7 being reserver for X), start your povray from
there and go back to your previous console and resume what you were
doing.

--
Francois Labreque | Rimmer: "Let's go to red alert!"
     flabreq      | Kryten: "Are you sure, Sir?  You realize it

Post a reply to this message

> Unless I'm very mistaken it came with RH5.2.  It's probably not part of
> the basic install, but I'm 99.44% sure it's available as an RPM.
>
> On Linux, you can always go to a different virtual console by typing
> ALT-Fx (between 1 and 8, 7 being reserver for X), start your povray from
> there and go back to your previous console and resume what you were
> doing.

Not on a telnet connection, wich was what startedd this thread :)

screen -S povray
nice --adjustment=15 s-povray myini.ini
ctrl+a,d
:)

--
//Spider    --  [ spider@bahnhof.se ]-[ http://darkmere.wanfear.com/ ]
And the devil in black dress watches over