POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : winpvtut.exe Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  winpvtut.exe (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Peter Warren
Subject: winpvtut.exe
Date: 2 Jan 2000 04:10:46
Message: <386f1616@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to find winpvtut.exe, an old tutorial, very basic
but nicely done.
I've found it in a couple of places but only gz zipped and
they won't open.
It's huge, BTW, about 4.5 megs.

Thanks,
Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: winpvtut.exe
Date: 2 Jan 2000 04:16:21
Message: <386F16A6.9C846877@pacbell.net>
Peter Warren wrote:

> I'm trying to find winpvtut.exe, an old tutorial, very basic
> but nicely done.
> I've found it in a couple of places but only gz zipped and
> they won't open.
> It's huge, BTW, about 4.5 megs.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

The link I have for it is -
http://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/EXPERT/mirror/povray/povray/Tutorials

It too is available in 5 parts or as a single download but you are still
stuck with the gz zipping. I don't think I have seen it offered any other
way.

> I'm trying to find winpvtut.exe, an old tutorial, very basic
> but nicely done.
> I've found it in a couple of places but only gz zipped and
> they won't open.
> It's huge, BTW, about 4.5 megs.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Do you have winzip? I believe that's supposed to open gzip files.
http://www.winzip.com/

Cheers, PoD.

Post a reply to this message