POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speaking of ***SURVEY*** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of ***SURVEY*** (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Speaking of ***SURVEY***
Date: 12 Dec 1999 22:41:27
Message: <38549529.6248DF99@ij.net>
Working on a garden tonight and adding a soil bed
for my roses. (Work backwards in binary.images if
interested.)

    I specify standard Brown from colors.inc as a place
to start. As it is rendering, it looks red but when the
render gets passed the area it looks brown.

    And that may be the reason that textures so quickly
lose their interest. They look different depending upon
the background. So we abandon premade textures as about
the same rate as we gain experience with POV.

    The perfect texture we copy in looks wrong in the
scene. We end up tweaking it and quickly learn that it
is faster to start from scratch.