POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface function list? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface function list? (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: SamuelT
Subject: Isosurface function list?
Date: 12 Dec 1999 14:21:32
Message: <3853F779.7B02C8BE@aol.com>
Hello all. I'm putting together an isosurface function list for
personal use. The list so far has most of the object primitives as
functions (including cones). It also has a number of polyhedra (all
cubic so far). My question is, will anybody be interested in using this
resource once it is finished (or close to it)? If so, I can post it
somewhere as a zip file or plain text.
    Also, if the list turns out being something that gains interest,
people can send me functions and I would add them to the list. The list
will eventually be added to my website (once I get another ftp program).

    Have a good Sunday~

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message

>     Hello all. I'm putting together an isosurface function list for
> personal use. The list so far has most of the object primitives as
> functions (including cones). It also has a number of polyhedra (all
> cubic so far). My question is, will anybody be interested in using this
> resource once it is finished (or close to it)? If so, I can post it
> somewhere as a zip file or plain text.
>     Also, if the list turns out being something that gains interest,
> people can send me functions and I would add them to the list. The list
> will eventually be added to my website (once I get another ftp program).
>
>     Have a good Sunday~

Myself and the other members of the TAG would be very interested in such
a collection.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !

>Will anybody be interested in using this
>resource once it is finished (or close to it)? If so, I can post it
>somewhere as a zip file or plain text.

Please do. I am very interested. I'll send you what I have.

>    Have a good Sunday~

Same to you, thanks. =)

Post a reply to this message

You beat me to it, if I get it organized I will send you my list. I was
anticipating asking folk to send me a 160x120 and the file which rendered
it, is that about what you want?

"SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
>     Hello all. I'm putting together an isosurface function list for
> personal use. The list so far has most of the object primitives as
> functions (including cones). It also has a number of polyhedra (all
> cubic so far). My question is, will anybody be interested in using this
> resource once it is finished (or close to it)? If so, I can post it
> somewhere as a zip file or plain text.
>     Also, if the list turns out being something that gains interest,
> people can send me functions and I would add them to the list. The list
> will eventually be added to my website (once I get another ftp program).
>
>     Have a good Sunday~
>
> --
> Samuel Benge
>
> E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom
>
> Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
> http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message

> Myself and the other members of the TAG would be very interested in such
> a collection.

Me too, though not for the same reasons probably.  Just that I would need to
use them like any premade thing I cannot do myself (yet?).

Bob

Post a reply to this message

>     Hello all. I'm putting together an isosurface function list for
> personal use. The list so far has most of the object primitives as
> functions (including cones). It also has a number of polyhedra (all
> cubic so far). My question is, will anybody be interested in using this
> resource once it is finished (or close to it)? If so, I can post it
> somewhere as a zip file or plain text.
>     Also, if the list turns out being something that gains interest,
> people can send me functions and I would add them to the list. The list
> will eventually be added to my website (once I get another ftp program).

I am interested. It would definitely make a good addition to my
isosurface tutorial.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom