POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Associating files with PovRay Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Associating files with PovRay (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Associating files with PovRay
Date: 2 Dec 1999 11:04:42
Message: <3846989a@news.povray.org>
Is there a way (In Win98) to make Povray the default text application for
*.mac, *.mcr and *.out files.

I tried changing FileTypes to have pvengine.exe open them, but it tried to
open it as an .ini file and gave an error. I want Pov to open it in the
editor.

What I would really like is for them to show in the list box under
>File>Open

Same with the Insert Menu files for that matter...

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way (In Win98) to make Povray the default text application for
> *.mac, *.mcr and *.out files.
>
> I tried changing FileTypes to have pvengine.exe open them, but it tried to
> open it as an .ini file and gave an error. I want Pov to open it in the
> editor.
>
> What I would really like is for them to show in the list box under
> >File>Open

Where were you when I was arguing in favor of this on sep. 30, 1999
in povray.windows ?

What do you need a .mac extention for ?