POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SuperPatch crashed on me.... waaa! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  SuperPatch crashed on me.... waaa! (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: TonyB
Subject: SuperPatch crashed on me.... waaa!
Date: 29 Nov 1999 07:28:46
Message: <3842717e@news.povray.org>
Hey, guys. I'm rendering the cloud scene over again, now with
slope-dependant textures, and the SuperPatch crashed on me about half-way
through the image. I was able to get the error message:

POVRAY caused an invalid page fault in
module POVRAY.EXE at 0257:0041c1c3.
Registers:
EAX=02639d48 CS=0257 EIP=0041c1c3 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=01afd278 SS=025f ESP=01afd140 EBP=ffffffff
ECX=ffffffff DS=025f ESI=ffffffff FS=3b5f
EDX=1e051f03 ES=025f EDI=06410ab8 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f b7 0c 6a 0f b7 54 6a 02 89 4c 24 50 0f b7 0c
Stack dump:
0000250b 4095e44c 8d2db089 062159dc 01afd200 00a00d68 01afd1e8 0040311b
06410038 9b96cdf8 404077ad 062159d8 6138abc4 4028e9ea 6a2aedca 3fd00d98

But, then I tried to continue the trace, and six lines later, it crashed
again (same message). I don't know what's special about that part of the
image. I really don't. Please, can someone help me? Would restarting the
machine or something like that help? Waaa....! I wanna render it....!

Post a reply to this message