POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : algorithm povray used? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  algorithm povray used? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ming Jiang
Subject: algorithm povray used?
Date: 28 Nov 1999 09:44:18
Message: <38413EF3.20912E6F@sxx0.math.pku.edu.cn>
hi, folks:

Can anyone tell me what is the ray-tracing algorithm povray uses? Esp.
how povray handles refraction? Your information is greatly appreciated.

best regards.

Ming Jiang

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

From: Ken
Subject: Re: algorithm povray used?
Date: 28 Nov 1999 14:22:51
Message: <38418095.694152C3@pacbell.net>
Ming Jiang wrote:

> hi, folks:
>
> Can anyone tell me what is the ray-tracing algorithm povray uses? Esp.
> how povray handles refraction? Your information is greatly appreciated.
>
> best regards.
>
> Ming Jiang

Ming,

 Probably the best way to learn how POV-Ray does something is to study
the source code for the program. The source code is documented so you
should not have too many problems with finding what you need.

You can download the source code for POV-Ray at -

http://www.povray.org/binaries/index.html

Regards,