POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unusual request. Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Unusual request. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Alex McMurray
Subject: Unusual request.
Date: 16 Nov 1999 16:05:18
Message: <3831C63E.A87DFB3E@melbpc.org.au>
Hi all.

    My 8 yo daughter has volunteered me to show her class at school, how
computer graphics are done, using Pov-Ray.  I have managed to get hold
of a reasonably fast laptop to do the work.
    I have collected a number of your images that I will present in a
slide show to give them an idea of the capabilities of Pov-Ray and give
them the opportunity to try it themselves.
    One idea I had, was of showing them some of the animations that were
created using Pov-Ray, and I have downloaded a few from the competition
area.
    But rather than presenting each animation separately, (having to
load and reload each animation), is there a way I can combine, say 5
separate mpeg files, into one single file ready for showing.
    Your help will be greately appreciated.

Alex.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.

a multiple image/animation file format apparently.  I know nothing about it,
just pointing it out here.
I could only suggest using a player which will list the animations and play
in sequence.  I know ATI has one for it's Mach video cards, MS Media Player
6.4 obviously does not do this.  Display  (DOS-based, can be found in Kens
links) can do it with compatible Mpeg files.
Seeing as how the multiple Mpeg would require recompression they would no
doubt be a mess.

Bob

Alex McMurray <ale### [at] melbpcorgau> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
>     My 8 yo daughter has volunteered me to show her class at school, how
> computer graphics are done, using Pov-Ray.  I have managed to get hold
> of a reasonably fast laptop to do the work.
>     I have collected a number of your images that I will present in a
> slide show to give them an idea of the capabilities of Pov-Ray and give
> them the opportunity to try it themselves.
>     One idea I had, was of showing them some of the animations that were
> created using Pov-Ray, and I have downloaded a few from the competition
> area.
>     But rather than presenting each animation separately, (having to
> load and reload each animation), is there a way I can combine, say 5
> separate mpeg files, into one single file ready for showing.
>     Your help will be greately appreciated.
>
> Alex.
>
> --
>   ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
>  /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.
>  \_,--.x/Australia

>    But rather than presenting each animation separately,
>    (having to
>load and reload each animation), is there a way I can
>combine, say 5 separate mpeg files, into one single file
>ready for showing.

Don't think it's possible. As an alternative you could try
IrfanView. http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
It can show all animations in a directory as if it were a slide
show.

Ingo

this is possible but I never try this freeware!

 http://www.tfm.profm.ro/mpegedit/mpegscis.html

Fabian Brau