POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skull Model Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Skull Model (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Darcy Johnston
Subject: Skull Model
Date: 11 Nov 1999 22:05:05
Message: <382b83e1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have or know where I can get a good model of a human skull,
preferably with the jaw?

Most any format would be good, as long as it can be converted to traingles
for use in Pov-Ray.

Thanks,
Darcy

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Skull Model
Date: 11 Nov 1999 23:31:37
Message: <382B97E8.3126CF54@pacbell.net>
Darcy Johnston wrote:

> Does anyone have or know where I can get a good model of a human skull,
> preferably with the jaw?
>
> Most any format would be good, as long as it can be converted to traingles
> for use in Pov-Ray.

Exactly how detailed do you need it to be ? I have one that has each tooth
as a seperate mesh. I have it split up as four different .inc files and
each one is fairly large. If interested let me know. Also let me know
if there are email size limits placed on your email account so that it
does not bounce back to me if it's too big.

> Does anyone have or know where I can get a good model of a human skull,
> preferably with the jaw?
>
> Most any format would be good, as long as it can be converted to traingles
> for use in Pov-Ray.
>
> Thanks,
> Darcy

My last IRTC entry includes a blob skull without the jaw bone. The code
is included in the zip file. I wont be looking too good at closer ranges
but it worked for me.

Have a look at:

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1999-10-31/prison.jpg

the zip file can be found at