POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : patterns.inc Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  patterns.inc (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SamuelT
Subject: patterns.inc
Date: 14 Nov 1999 22:38:22
Message: <382F81BB.88002E5C@aol.com>
Hello all. I have made a new include file for the Superpatch which
provides users with 9 all-new, high-quality patterns in the form of
macros. The patterns can be used in pigment, normal and texture
statements. All the patterns can be changed by merely changing 1 to 3
float values. For instance:

sine( 1, .3 )

You can change many aspects of the patterns in this manner.

I made sure all the patterns were very accurate, even going as far as
making the sine pattern accurate within 32 decimal places of Pi. If you
find any strange problems with them, you can e-mail me.

Among the patterns:
  sine pattern
  radial sine wave pattern (for use on cylinders and other round shapes)

  grid pattern, with adjustable line width (not spacing, that is done
with scale)
  two strange, but cool noise patterns

Go to povray.binaries.images to see an example image.

Some of you may remember my old pigments.inc file. Well this one pretty
much does away with it. I took out a few patterns which I thought
useless, and added several new ones. The file can be found at
povray.text.scenes.files Documentation is included.

--
Samuel Benge

STB### [at] aolcom

"And you can fly
 High as a kite if you want to
 Faster than light if you want to
 Speeding through the universe
 Thinking is the best way to travel"

          -The Best Way to Travel, The Moody Blues

Post a reply to this message

>I made sure all the patterns were very accurate, even going as far as
>making the sine pattern accurate within 32 decimal places of Pi. If you
>find any strange problems with them, you can e-mail me.

Doesn't POV only accept 14 decimals?

Post a reply to this message

BTW, if you feel like adding a couple more patterns, have a look at these:

http://amber.rc.arizona.edu/lw/ctbftoy.html

Post a reply to this message

> >I made sure all the patterns were very accurate, even going as far as
> >making the sine pattern accurate within 32 decimal places of Pi. If you
> >find any strange problems with them, you can e-mail me.
>
> Doesn't POV only accept 14 decimals?

--
Samuel Benge

STB### [at] aolcom

"And you can fly
 High as a kite if you want to
 Faster than light if you want to
 Speeding through the universe
 Thinking is the best way to travel"

          -The Best Way to Travel, The Moody Blues

Post a reply to this message

Interesting concepts. I just need to figure out how to do that in povray.