POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bounded_by ? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 11:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  bounded_by ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Lothar Esser
Subject: bounded_by ?
Date: 3 Nov 1999 12:52:29
Message: <3820765D.E8C7F785@chop.swmed.edu>
Hi,

  I have a question about the bounded_by statement or better the warning
that I get when I use it.
When I included a bounded_by statement I got this warning:

h4_rastep.pov:117: warning: Unnecessary bounding object removed.

However, povray works well and is about 20 times faster than without the
bounded_by statement.
Therefore I assume it is not removing the 'unnecessary bounding object'
after all.
Should I simply ignore this warning or is there something I can do about
it.
(Sorry, I am still using POV-Ray 3.02)
Here is some of the input:

 quadric { <  3.5476,  6.8899,  7.7222 >, <  1.3424,  1.4042,  0.0504 >
                 <  0.0000,  0.0000,  0.0000 >, -0.0065
    translate < -0.4672, -0.0366, -0.0209 >
    bounded_by {sphere {<-0.4672, -0.0366, -0.0209>,  0.0520 } }
    texture { pigment { rgb < 0.7906, 0.7906, 0.7906 > }
    finish { SPHE_FINISH }
}

Thanks,

   Lothar Esser