POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Columns Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Columns (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Andrea Ryan
Subject: Columns
Date: 23 Oct 1999 20:03:16
Message: <38124B92.8293582A@global2000.net>
What are good methods of making columns?  I tried blobs and unions of
spheres and cylinders to make the grooves in a column but they didn't
work as well as I thought they would.
Brendan Ryan

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Columns
Date: 23 Oct 1999 20:13:23
Message: <38124FAF.2F0D0344@yahoo.com>
If the sides are straight(no curve, just a uniform diameter or a linear
taper) then you could use a prism object.
Another thing you could do is use CSG with a while loop to make the
grooves.

Post a reply to this message

I tried using a while loop with CSG but it said something like 'at least 2
objects should be in CSG'.
Brendan Ryan

Chris Huff wrote:

> If the sides are straight(no curve, just a uniform diameter or a linear
> taper) then you could use a prism object.
> Another thing you could do is use CSG with a while loop to make the
> grooves.

Post a reply to this message

> What are good methods of making columns?  I tried blobs and unions of
> spheres and cylinders to make the grooves in a column but they didn't
> work as well as I thought they would.
> Brendan Ryan

Colonnes.inc
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon/pub/PovPage/PovPage.html

Column.inc
http://www.no13.net/

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Thanks. I was looking for a doric column.
Brendan Ryan