POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where can I get a web page? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Where can I get a web page? (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: Where can I get a web page?
Date: 20 Oct 1999 10:47:38
Message: <380DD645.23F30AAC@geocities.com>
Simen Kvaal wrote:

> >beware Xoom.
> >they adopted the type of license that got geocities in trouble, but kept
> >theirs
> >

> Wha is the problem, exactly, with Xoom? What kind of license?
>
> If you want space, xoom is perfect. I think they allow unlimited space
> usage! The ad is a frame (top 50 pixels) whick is quite ugly, but you've got
> lots of lots of space to ramble about with.
>
> Simen.

The problem is that last time I checked, by posting your content there you
grant them a perpetual, non-revokable, sub-licensable, etc. right to whatever
you post.

i.e. if they decide to take all your images and sell them on a CD, they can. If
they want to sell your images to book publishers, they can, etc.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message

Correect; though it says it can only be used to promote XOOM.