POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth random Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth random (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Larry Fontaine
Subject: Smooth random
Date: 9 Oct 1999 23:31:16
Message: <380008D1.9E67470B@isd.net>
How can I get a smooth random number, ie, it varies from the last random
number by no more than a certain amount? (I'm making a tree macro and
want a way to twist the limbs.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Smooth random
Date: 9 Oct 1999 23:39:45
Message: <38000A77.65B88081@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> How can I get a smooth random number, ie, it varies from the last random
> number by no more than a certain amount? (I'm making a tree macro and
> want a way to twist the limbs.)

I'll send you a possible solution by email. I would post the source but
it's a bit longish for this group.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 22:32:33 -0500, Larry Fontaine <lfo### [at] isdnet>
wrote:

>How can I get a smooth random number, ie, it varies from the last random
>number by no more than a certain amount? (I'm making a tree macro and
>want a way to twist the limbs.)

There's a smooth random generator in the Throroughly Useful Macros by
John VanSickle. Search Ken's links :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 22:32:33 -0500, Larry Fontaine <lfo### [at] isdnet>
> wrote:
>
> >How can I get a smooth random number, ie, it varies from the last random
> >number by no more than a certain amount? (I'm making a tree macro and
> >want a way to twist the limbs.)
>
> There's a smooth random generator in the Throroughly Useful Macros by
> John VanSickle. Search Ken's links :)
>
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

I already sent it to him :)

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: