POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : User gallery links on povray.org Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  User gallery links on povray.org (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: User gallery links on povray.org
Date: 18 Sep 1999 12:16:16
Message: <37e3bad0@news.povray.org>
As far as I know povray.org is about to have a whole new design, be
completely rearranged, and have a lot of new contest. Now we've already got
the new links section thanks to Ken.

The new links section is not meant to include links to user galleries that
doesn't include actual resources or at least source codes for the images. I
understand that and think it's fine that way. But I hope povray.org will
also continue to have a page with links to regular user galleries like the
one there's currently in the "Gallery" section.

I have had much pleasure of browsing through the pages listed there and
although many of the links are submitted years ago a pretty high amount of
them are still active. I know this page is still used by many people as I
can see on my website counter that I a couple of people visits my site
through that url every day.

On the coming povray.org it would be fine if all the links had to be
resubmitted. That way the dead links would be removed and new links could be
added. A automatic handling of submission could make it easy for users to
change their urls when it they changes.

The user gallery links page could be roughly like it is now - or maybe even
improved. (Maybe be replaced with a POV User Database? See my message "PUD
project - locations") but the important thing is that all POV-Ray users
should have the possibility to submit a link to their website and write a
relative long description of the site (like it is now).

So will povray.org continue to have such a page?

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
for all my 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

>  Now we've already got the new links section thanks to Ken.

  Your welcome. Don't forget to #include "Chris Cason" in that thanks.
He did all of the web page design and coaxed me into reformatting them
so they would be eaiser to navigate than the system I was prevously
using.

> The new links section is not meant to include links to user galleries that
> doesn't include actual resources or at least source codes for the images. I
> understand that and think it's fine that way. But I hope povray.org will
> also continue to have a page with links to regular user galleries like the
> one there's currently in the "Gallery" section.

<snip>

> So will povray.org continue to have such a page?

  I talked with Chris about this and he replied that he will be phasing out the
current gallery page. He did mention that when he starts working on the rest of
the site he is considering a new page but with a different design. I'm not sure
what exactly he has in mind but it looks like the personal galleries pages will
remain a feature at povray.org. If you would like I will pass on your suggestions
to him.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: