POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : helixical media Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  helixical media (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: helixical media
Date: 2 Sep 1999 12:47:43
Message: <37ceaa2f@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get
media to show in a helix pattern?

Media in spheresweeps works fine as long as I use a constant density.

Are there any density functions that might work?

Thanks

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features

You mention sphere sweeps, are you using the SuperPatch? If so, I
think you could come up with a function pattern (like atan(z/x), for
example) or a limited  Taylor series expansion thereof (depends which
one will be faster). If not, consider using the density_file pattern.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

>You mention sphere sweeps, are you using the SuperPatch? If so, I
>think you could come up with a function pattern (like atan(z/x), for
>example) or a limited  Taylor series expansion thereof (depends which
>one will be faster). If not, consider using the density_file pattern.

Yes, I'm using superpatch.

Could you explain more about function patterns and density_file please,
that or point me at some documentation/tutorials. I haven't run across
those before.

Gail Shaw <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:
: Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get
: media to show in a helix pattern?

  Tried the spiral1 pattern already?