POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Visions of "BLESS YOU!" (Message 41 to 50 of 65)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
Date: 13 Aug 1999 09:20:17
Message: <37b41b91@news.povray.org>
On 13 Aug 1999 09:13:07 -0400, Nieminen Mika wrote:
>Lance Birch <lan### [at] usanet> wrote:
>: 1. There is no year 0, the first year was year 1.
>: 2. The new millennium STARTS IN THE YEAR ***2001***!!!  ***NOT 2000***!!!
>
>: Right?  That's what you were saying wasn't it Nieminen?
>
>  Yes.
>  But I have also said that it doesn't matter: All the fun will happen in
>1/1/2000 :)

Somebody kill me now and just get it over with. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 13 Aug 1999 09:21:23
Message: <37b41bd3@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:36:07 +1000, Lance Birch wrote:
>I'll be spending both 2000 and 2001 parties with my friends I think,
>regardless of which one is *seen* as the millennium party.
>
>I just find it disappointing that some people don't get what I mean and
>actually think the new millennium starts at the start of the year 2000, and
>not the real start which is at the start of 2001.
>
>Oh well, I guess the human race will just have to go on being intoxicated by
>the media.  The name "Millennium Bug" doesn't help the situation either ;-)

The real Millennium Bug is the one in people's brains that makes them think
a bunch of zeros is the start of a new millennium.

Post a reply to this message

>The real Millennium Bug is the one in people's brains that makes them think
>a bunch of zeros is the start of a new millennium.

Exactly... Oh well...

--
Lance.

Post a reply to this message

> I just find it disappointing that some people don't get what I mean and
> actually think the new millennium starts at the start of the year 2000, and
> not the real start which is at the start of 2001.

Maybe they're just teasing you? It's so much fun - you take the bait every
single time :)

Margus

Post a reply to this message