POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Working with Text Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:39:21 EDT (-0400)
  Working with Text (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Matt Swarm
Subject: Working with Text
Date: 27 Jul 1999 19:54:43
Message: <379e46c3@news.povray.org>
Can't seem to find much on working with text as graphic objects.  The POV
package has an example which, blissfully, uses True Type fonts.

In addition to color and texture, I would like to bevel, round the face,
illuminate from inside, wrap the line of text around a sphere or cylinder
(inside or out) and the like.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

Post a reply to this message

There are ways to do these things. Do you mean as actual features
internal to POV-Ray or as scripted in a file? Take a look at this URL
here if you haven't already.

 http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/softtext.html

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe