POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Tiling (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ingo
Subject: Tiling
Date: 19 Sep 1999 14:17:53
Message: <37e528d1@news.povray.org>
While looking around today I came across this page on tiling:
http://home6.inet.tele.dk/bergmann/10galleri/idx10.htm
specialy the the applets in the "construction help" part are
intersiting.

It makes me ask, is it possible to patch POV-Ray so it has a pigment
that can do these kind of things? Declare a pigment and tyle_type, add
some points, et voila, we have a new list pattern that perfectly tiles.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

With the superpatch, you can use trig functions as patterns in pigments.

ingo wrote:

> While looking around today I came across this page on tiling:
> http://home6.inet.tele.dk/bergmann/10galleri/idx10.htm
> specialy the the applets in the "construction help" part are
> intersiting.
>
> It makes me ask, is it possible to patch POV-Ray so it has a pigment
> that can do these kind of things? Declare a pigment and tyle_type, add
> some points, et voila, we have a new list pattern that perfectly tiles.
>
> Ingo

Post a reply to this message

I know of the possibility and used it. My problem is my math skill. It's
impossible for me to build a fuction that gives a result anyway near
something I want to make.

The way these applets work, designing a tile is a matter of "drawing a
line". And drawing is something I (and I think most of us) can.

Ingo

Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> schreef in berichtnieuws