POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : For fun: FEATURE REQUEST: Sierpinski pattern. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  For fun: FEATURE REQUEST: Sierpinski pattern. (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Alan Kong
Subject: Re: For fun: FEATURE REQUEST: Sierpinski pattern.
Date: 22 Sep 1999 23:15:24
Message: <gpjpN6nsdrbquk8oJotIjo4awzh6@4ax.com>
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 01:15:19 -0400, "Mark Wagner" <mar### [at] gtenet>
wrote:

>Wouldn't work.  If you look at *all* the Fractint source code, you will see
>how incredibly optimized for the IBM PC it is.  Editing it to be portable
>would be a nightmare.

  You'd have to e-mail Tim Wegner, Fractint developer (Stone Soup Group) and
POV-Team member, to be certain but I believe that work was progressing on
future versions to be portable. I haven't been on CompuServe's GraphDev
Forum for several months but this is where development and bugfixes were
taking place.

  As far as integrating Fractint into an official version of POV-Ray, I
doubt it.

--
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get

Post a reply to this message