POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When's POV-3.5 expected? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  When's POV-3.5 expected? (Message 15 to 24 of 44)
From: Robert Chaffe
Subject: Re: When's POV-3.5 expected?
Date: 18 Sep 1999 01:22:51
Message: <37e321ab@news.povray.org>
How about "POV-Ray for Applications"?

rc

Nieminen Juha <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote in message
>   I hope they will not follow the trend of software versioning and be
> calling it "POV-Ray 2000".
>
> --
> main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i]
> ):5;i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_=0,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 18 Sep 1999 01:25:48
Message: <37E321EF.BEA42E3E@pacbell.net>
Mike wrote:

> Surely not.  I'm certain it will be called POV2K.

p2k

-- Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 18 Sep 1999 02:12:08
Message: <37E32B72.F0A84B36@isd.net>

TonyB wrote:

> >Nah, it'd be spelled right. :)
>
> Stupid spanish... aargh! It really messed me up. I'm having serious trouble
> getting ready for my SAT because of it. I don't know any of the terminology
> in english. I just learned what a _mean_ is in mathematics. I feel stupid,
> and I know I'm not.
>
> POV-Ray: Millennium Edition (or POV-Ray 2001, a trace odyssey)
>
> PS: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. =)

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Sep 1999 03:13:43
Message: <37e33ba7@news.povray.org>
There's always the possibility of it being version  3.1z  too  : )  or
just 3.1h maybe.
With all this speculation hope it doesn't lead to a big let down New
Years Day.

Forever the optimist,
Bob

Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Mike wrote:
>
> > Surely not.  I'm certain it will be called POV2K.
>
> p2k
>
> -- Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Fabien
Date: 18 Sep 1999 06:25:48
Message: <37E368A4.7EFB250D@skynet.be>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> There's always the possibility of it being version  3.1z  too  : )  or
> just 3.1h maybe.
> With all this speculation hope it doesn't lead to a big let down New
> Years Day.

What about :
 POV-Ray 3.49999999999999...
 (pentium optimised, of course !)

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike
Date: 18 Sep 1999 07:33:03
Message: <37E37666.67833F2D@aol.com>
Rejected ideas:

POV-Ray NOW!

POV*

POV-Ray 1900

ROV-Pay (Rays of vision with plugin SDK)

signed,

the rumor mill

Post a reply to this message