POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: warp{type} Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Q: warp{type} (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Q: warp{type}
Date: 14 Sep 1999 03:46:04
Message: <37DDFD28.67249E57@peak.edu.ee>
Just curious here.
As per the documented syntax of warps, one of the black_hole items is
"type". However, I've seen no further reference to this keyword in
warps. It is perfectly legal to use, but there seems to be no effect,
whatever value succeeds type (note that I have only investigated this
matter briefly).
Was this a planned feature that didn't make it into the official
version?

Margus

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:45:45 +0300, Margus Ramst wrote:
>Just curious here.
>As per the documented syntax of warps, one of the black_hole items is
>"type". However, I've seen no further reference to this keyword in
>warps. It is perfectly legal to use, but there seems to be no effect,
>whatever value succeeds type (note that I have only investigated this
>matter briefly).

It is used in the code, but type 0 seems to be the only value that
means anything.  Types other than zero should create a "no-op" warp
that doesn't do anything at all.