POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : macro parameters ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  macro parameters ?? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MR
Subject: macro parameters ??
Date: 26 Jul 1999 17:11:44
Message: <379ccf10@news.povray.org>
hello,

well i've got a bunch of macros... each one of them accepts
4 to 6 parameters.  now i want to put all the macros in one
giant mother-of-all-macros.

does my parameter field for the big daddy macro need to
contain ALL the parameters that are accepted by the
contained macros?

thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

> well i've got a bunch of macros... each one of them accepts
> 4 to 6 parameters.  now i want to put all the macros in one
> giant mother-of-all-macros.
>
> does my parameter field for the big daddy macro need to
> contain ALL the parameters that are accepted by the
> contained macros?
>
> thanks, miker
Depends on the macro. You'll have to be more specific.

ie: can two macros share the same input value?
can a macro generate data for another?

and so on.

//Spider

Post a reply to this message

From: PoD
Date: 29 Jul 1999 15:51:22
Message: <37A0B0DB.50986283@merlin.net.au>
Spider wrote:

> MR wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > well i've got a bunch of macros... each one of them accepts
> > 4 to 6 parameters.  now i want to put all the macros in one
> > giant mother-of-all-macros.
> >
> > does my parameter field for the big daddy macro need to
> > contain ALL the parameters that are accepted by the
> > contained macros?
> >
> > thanks, miker
> Depends on the macro. You'll have to be more specific.
>
> ie: can two macros share the same input value?
> can a macro generate data for another?
>
> and so on.
>
> //Spider

Sure, why not?

Post a reply to this message

From: Spider
Date: 30 Jul 1999 14:15:58
Message: <37A0E718.E5C6E135@bahnhof.se>
PoD wrote:

> Spider wrote:
> >
> > MR wrote:
> > >
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > well i've got a bunch of macros... each one of them accepts
> > > 4 to 6 parameters.  now i want to put all the macros in one
> > > giant mother-of-all-macros.
> > >
> > > does my parameter field for the big daddy macro need to
> > > contain ALL the parameters that are accepted by the
> > > contained macros?
> > >
> > > thanks, miker
> > Depends on the macro. You'll have to be more specific.
> >
> > ie: can two macros share the same input value?
> > can a macro generate data for another?
> >
> > and so on.
> >
> > //Spider
>
> Sure, why not?

AFAIK there is a limit to how many parameters you use in a macro.. Think
it's 16 or so.. Have a look in the source rather than belive me.

//Spider
--nothing is real, nothing, nothing, nothing is  real.

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 30 Jul 1999 15:31:56
Message: <37A1F85F.FA43769A@ndirect.co.uk>
Testing it would be a strar.

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk