POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  making body parts ?? (Message 31 to 31 of 31)
From: Cliff Bowman
Subject: Re: making body parts ??
Date: 27 Jul 1999 15:41:35
Message: <379cb042.25515171@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:55:10 -0400, Phil Clute <pcl### [at] tiacnet>
wrote:

>I used to love that show as a kid, but I barely remember it now.
>I just remember--I guess it was Tom Baker--The Doctor, K9 and
>the opening credits with the tunnel.
>You had to catch it on PBS, I think they still run some reruns.
>Hmm? I'll have to keep an eye open...
>
>>As a series Dr Who varied wildly. The series was based around good,
>>interesting scripts. Sometimes the direction was good, the acting, the
>>music.
>
>I never really did figure out what the show was about, maybe that's
>why I kept watching.

Even now, X years worth of books later (the books carrying off where
the TV series ended) and despite numerous "revelations" we still don't
actually know a great deal about The Doctor, or his motivations beyond
"being a reluctant hero" (or sometimes not so reluctant).

>>The BBC seem to be currently
>>considering a second Dr Who movie after the 1995 TV Movie acheived
>>insufficient viewing figures in the states (did well over here
>>though).
>
>I think if the BBC wants to get Americans into Doctor Who They'll have
>to get someone like John Malkovich to play the Doctor.
>--
I don't think the BBC want to appeal to Americans so much as they want
American money. Last I heard however, American fandom was still going
despite 10 years of no show. There's even about 10,000 of them buy the
books each month...

Figures subject to wild inaccuracies (numbers not being my forte - but
should be about right).

Now if we could get half of them working in POV...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail