POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Yahoo/Geocities TOS Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  New Yahoo/Geocities TOS (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: New Yahoo/Geocities TOS
Date: 8 Jul 1999 00:58:47
Message: <37843007@news.povray.org>
Yahoo/Geocities has recently posted a new TOS agreement for Geocities sites.
The new agreement still grants Yahoo world-wide royalty-free rights (needed,
to be allowed to display your web site) but no longer makes those rights
sublicenceable, perpetual or irrevocable.  The new terms are as follows:

Yahoo does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Yahoo
GeoCities Site. By submitting Content to Yahoo for inclusion on your Yahoo
GeoCities Site, you grant Yahoo the world-wide, royalty-free, and
non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content
solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Yahoo
GeoCities Site on Yahoo's Internet properties. This license exists only for
as long as you continue to be a Yahoo GeoCities homesteader and shall be
terminated at the time your Yahoo GeoCities Site is terminated.

Mark

Post a reply to this message

I think everybody should be happy now ;-))
(Sometimes people can change the world...)

Uwe.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:58:52 -0400, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>Yahoo/Geocities has recently posted a new TOS agreement for Geocities sites.
>The new agreement still grants Yahoo world-wide royalty-free rights (needed,
>to be allowed to display your web site) but no longer makes those rights
>sublicenceable, perpetual or irrevocable.  The new terms are as follows:
>Excellent. Now - what did I do with all my memory regarding putting in their silly
adverts?

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail