POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help with some really hard math Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Please help with some really hard math (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Please help with some really hard math
Date: 30 Jul 1999 18:07:55
Message: <37a21fb4.25438336@204.213.191.228>
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 22:42:52 +0100, Alain CULOS
<ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Sorry to butt in so late, but !
>IMHO this should really be handled at C level. I know programming is
>not that easy. But really what you are talking about is just an iso
>surface function. So why not benefit of what the isosurface has to
>offer to you.
>It's there, already programmed, accessible for whatever purpose : not
>just tracing, but evaluating the value at any point you wish.
>I hope I'm not wrong in my assumptions, but I really think the answer
>is there at your finger tips : use the superpatch.
>
>Cheers,
>Al.

Hi Al.

I do know enough C to code this (it's pretty simple to code once
there's someone like Axel to do the math stuff) but I want to use it
in a POV include that I am making. My intent is to use the official
version only so no Superpatch or any other patch suits my needs.
Anyway, with a lot of help from Axel Hecht (read: Axel did all the
stuff and I like to talk about it) that problem's been solved.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700