POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray's parsing model for source files. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray's parsing model for source files. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: news mlink net
Subject: POV-Ray's parsing model for source files.
Date: 5 Jul 1999 23:14:11
Message: <37817483@news.povray.org>
Sorry if I post here.  There doesn't seem to have a povray.source group
available.

Would anyone know if POV-Ray uses a particular parsing model for its source
files?

Thanks anyone.

Marc.
boo### [at] mlinknet

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: POV-Ray's parsing model for source files.
Date: 6 Jul 1999 01:18:46
Message: <37819150.8600029@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:16:01 -0400, "news.mlink.net"
<boo### [at] mlinknet> wrote:

>Sorry if I post here.  There doesn't seem to have a povray.source group
>available.
>
>Would anyone know if POV-Ray uses a particular parsing model for its source
>files?

You want povray.programming.  To answer your question, the parser is a
custom monstrosity.  Whether it adheres to some CS notion of a "model"
is a matter for debate. :)