POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: Re: A bit OT: Can vision change over a day?
Date: 30 Jun 1999 19:41:30
Message: <377AAA36.C6CA8F9D@Kopp.com>
Just don't give it any command line parameters unless you like crashes.

Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Ole Laursen <98z### [at] aalborghusdk> wrote:
> :>main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i]
> :>):5;i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_=0,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Warp -*/
>
> : I've often wanted to ask what this little babe outputs? Isn't this a new
> : one?
>
>   It outputs the same as always. The layout changed a bit once (now it
> calls the main() function recursively instead of making a while-loop).
>
>   Obfuscated C rules.
>
> --
> main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i]
> ):5;i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_=0,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

From: Uwe Zimmermann
Date: 7 Jul 1999 09:50:19
Message: <37835B1A.173641EB@ele.kth.se>
Hej - just found this "old" thread...

> So.. does vision change over the course of a day? Do I get more contrast
> early in the morning than late at night? The lighting conditions in the
> room and the settings of my monitor did not change.

Counting together all the points already mentionned and adding two own
comments:

- after switching on the monitor (or after stopping a blanking screen
saver!)
  it takes a while for the monitor to warm up and show the same
contrast/brightness
  as it was on for say some hours

- after waking up, the human eye needs to adapt from the relaxed (dark)
state
  to the actual viewing state. As our brain is a wonderful machine, it
often
  does not allow you to notice this!
  It might take some ten minutes for an eye to adapt to a completely
different
  light situation (darkness/light, room light/sunlight ...)

- again our brain: The part of it responsible for vision also
accomodates to
  different light temperatures by shifting the "white" impression. When
using
  electrical lightning (this is mainly true for bulbs) the light
temperature is
  in the range of 2500 K while a blue morning sky (or daylight
fluorescent tubes or
  a monitor screen!) gives a light temperature of beyond 5000 K. A color
that
  seems to be white at 2500 K might appear yellow when seen at an 5000 K
  illumination.
  The adaption between different light temperatures might take as well
some time
  and may even differ from one eye to the other (without the need to see
a doctor
  for that - he couldn't do anything against it).

But perhaps you could tell us now, how your pic looked like when you
came back....

Uwe.