POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera projections Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Camera projections (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Don Barron
Subject: Camera projections
Date: 28 Jun 1999 16:14:06
Message: <3777d78e@news.povray.org>
Gentlemen,
 I need to be convinced that the camera projections used in POVRAY  are
meaningful.   A normal distortionless lens gives an image height defined by
the product  focal length  x  the tangent of the field angle.  Very wide
angle lenses must have high distortion to create a finite image height.
Typically a very wide angle lens creates an image height proportional to the
paraxial focal length and the field angle itself.    The 'fish-eye' camera
in  POVRAY seems to be a rectangular image projected onto a sphere  hence
the circular image.  This is not a fish-eye lens.

Comments, please

Don Barron

Post a reply to this message