POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : V3.1 saving current pov files Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  V3.1 saving current pov files (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Don Barron
Subject: V3.1 saving current pov files
Date: 20 Jun 1999 07:19:19
Message: <376cce37@news.povray.org>
Gentlemen,

How does one render a file in POV3.1 without saving it?

Don Barron

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: V3.1 saving current pov files
Date: 20 Jun 1999 10:49:25
Message: <376cff75@news.povray.org>
I spent a while thinking to try to figure out what you meant by this. If one
takes it as read then the answer is "You can't". But since you probably
don't want that answer I had to try to get some alternative interpretation
of your question which would supply a more palatable answer.

I am guessing that you want to render a test picture without saving the
changes to your scene so that if you don't like the changes you can go back
to the original. If so the answer is to save it to another file name.

I usually end up with several incremented file names in the process of
making a scene.

Sponge001
Sponge002
Sponge 011 (major scene change)

> How does one render a file in POV3.1 without saving it?
>

> Don Barron

Post a reply to this message