POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Transparent (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Phil Clute
Subject: Transparent
Date: 1 Jun 1999 17:18:18
Message: <37544197.56DAD75B@tiac.net>
Is there a way to make my background transparent?
Say for instance I want to render an object and then use the
image as a layer in Photoshop on  top of an actual photo.
Like me standing next to an X-wing or something. I could
of course cut out the X-wing but if POV can already do
transparency I could just layer it.

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

Make a plane behind it all one color with an ambient of 1, watch out for
reflections, don't use AA, then use your paint tool to make that color
transparent.

On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 16:24:55 -0400, Phil Clute wrote:
>Is there a way to make my background transparent?
>Say for instance I want to render an object and then use the
>image as a layer in Photoshop on  top of an actual photo.
>Like me standing next to an X-wing or something. I could
>of course cut out the X-wing but if POV can already do
>transparency I could just layer it.

Use an image format that supports an alpha channel (PNG
does) and put the +UA switch on the command line or in
your ini file.

Post a reply to this message

On 1 Jun 1999 16:39:01 -0500, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>Use an image format that supports an alpha channel (PNG
>does) and put the +UA switch on the command line or in
>your ini file.

...and don't use a sky sphere nor afloor plane.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> On 1 Jun 1999 16:39:01 -0500, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:
>
> >Use an image format that supports an alpha channel (PNG
> >does) and put the +UA switch on the command line or in
> >your ini file.
>
> ...and don't use a sky sphere nor afloor plane.

... but use background{}.

Post a reply to this message