POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lens Effects & HF's Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Lens Effects & HF's (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Stephen Brooker
Subject: Lens Effects & HF's
Date: 17 May 1999 09:04:08
Message: <374005b8.0@news.povray.org>
Anyone ever have any problems with Chris' lens effects .inc and HFs?
Everything in the scene works OK with either the lens effect OR the HF, but
have them both and things go...well...screwy!!!

I'll post examples of what's happening if this hasn't been heard of before.

TIA.

--
Stephen & Tara
ste### [at] lexiconnet

Post a reply to this message

Not me. You probably should either describe what's happening in more
detail though or post a sample image in povray.binaries.images (not here).

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> Anyone ever have any problems with Chris' lens effects .inc and HFs?
> Everything in the scene works OK with either the lens effect OR
> the HF, but have them both and things go...well...screwy!!!

I've used that very .inc with heightfields a lot with no unusual problems; like
this scene, where they even overlap:

 http://www.hexmaster.com/portfolio/blackhole.jpg

/Peter

Post a reply to this message

It's probably something I'm doing then I guess. I'll post the image in
p.b.i tonight when I get home from work.

Stephen Brooker.

Peter Olausson wrote:

> Stephen Brooker wrote:
> > Anyone ever have any problems with Chris' lens effects .inc and HFs?
> > Everything in the scene works OK with either the lens effect OR
> > the HF, but have them both and things go...well...screwy!!!
>
> I've used that very .inc with heightfields a lot with no unusual problems; like
> this scene, where they even overlap:
>
>  http://www.hexmaster.com/portfolio/blackhole.jpg
>
> /Peter

Post a reply to this message

I've just posted two sample images in p.b.i.
Can anyone tell me what I've done?

Stephen Brooker <ste### [at] lexiconnetnospam> wrote in message
> Anyone ever have any problems with Chris' lens effects .inc and HFs?
> Everything in the scene works OK with either the lens effect OR the HF,
but
> have them both and things go...well...screwy!!!
>
> I'll post examples of what's happening if this hasn't been heard of
before.

> TIA.
>

> --
> Stephen & Tara
> ste### [at] lexiconnet
> ICQ: 31743132
> "I always thought I wanted a career. Turns out all I really wanted was a
pay
> cheque!"

Post a reply to this message